Food is something we cannot live without. However all food are not alike as different foods contain different amounts of calories. Moreover, different foods go through different metabolic body pathways and have different effects on hormones, hunger and the number of calories you burn. So if you are trying to lose weight, its better if you include these best weight loss foods in your diet.
- Whole eggs, though they were once avoided for its high cholesterol levels, new studies prove that it doesn’t affect blood cholesterol much nor cause heart attacks. They are also one of the best weight loss foods as they are high in protein, healthy fats and make you feel full with fewer calories. Moreover, as they are nutrient dense, they provide you with all the required nutrients even on a calorie restricted diet. Practically all its nutrients are found in its yolks.
- Green leafy vegetables like spinach, kale, Swiss chards and collards are low in calories and carbohydrates but high in fiber, just right as weight loss foods. It provides a great way of increasing your meal volume without increasing the calories. They are also high in nutrition, containing lots of antioxidants, minerals and vitamins, including calcium which helps with burning of fat.
- The healthy, oily fish salmon is one of the best weight loss foods which is really satisfying, keeping you full for hours with fewer calories. It’s also full of high quality protein, healthy fats and various important nutrients.
All seafood, including fish are also a good source of iodine, important for the thyroid’s proper functioning and for optimal body metabolism. Salmons are also a good source of omega-3 fatty acids, which reduces inflammation, which has an important role in obesity and metabolic disease. Other excellent oily fish to eat are herring, mackerel, sardines and trout.
- Cruciferous vegetables like broccoli, Brussels sprouts, cauliflower and cabbage are high in fiber, contain decent amounts of protein and are rather filling. Though they don’t contain as much proteins as in animal foods and legumes, it’s more than most vegetables.
So it’s the combination of fiber, protein and low energy density which earns cruciferous vegetables a spot in the list of best weight loss foods. To top it, they are also high in cancer fighting substances and nutrition.
- Lean beef and chicken breast or rather meat help with weight loss as they are high in protein. In fact, a high protein diet can help you burn up to 80 to 100 more calories a day. Moreover, it’s proven that increasing your protein intake by 25 to 30% of calories can reduce cravings by 60% and help induce a weight loss of about a pound per week.
Although meat has been blamed for various health problems, studies have proven that unprocessed red meet does not increase the risk of heart disease or diabetes. People on low-carb diets can eat fatty meats but those on a moderate to high carbohydrate diet should preferably choose lean meats.
These are some of the 5 best weight loss foods. Though there are more such foods, first just try implementing these foods to your everyday diet and see a mass reduction in your weight loss endeavors.