Dreaming of having a dream body with huge biceps, broad shoulders and a six-pack abs? Well, you can make the dream a reality if you not only head to the gym to work out, but if you also know how to eat right. So here are some tips to put you in the right direction!
1. The potent muscle-builder creatine can actually help you burn fat. Whenever creatine is used, any muscle added here helps increase your body’s resting metabolic rate. With this increase, you end up burning more fat.
2. However this is most effective and necessary when you are on a fat-loss phase wherein your low calorie consumption compromises muscle mass while lowering your metabolic rate. It’s better to start with a five-day loading phase where you consume 15-20 grams of creatine every day, divided into3-4 equal portions. Next, you need to take 3-5 grams of creatine every day after your first meal after exercising.
3. You need to increase your consumption of vegetables as they are nutrient dense. You thus get maximum nutrition by consuming minimal calories, and also feel full consuming fewer calories.
Make it a point to consume five servings of veggies a day. It needn’t be just a salad, you could also eat some snacks like carrot sticks, add more veggies to your sandwich or just have some veggies on the side of your chicken breast. And if you plan to have a burger, just order some fresh vegetables instead of French fries.
4. The many fat-burning supplements available in the market are not a cure-all for your fat problem. However if you use them properly, they will indeed prove helpful in your fat-loss endeavors.
However don’t completely rely on them as while they do help reduce body fat, they do not help change poor eating habits. Though fat pills do help, they are not magic pills. They work well if used while following a healthy diet and a good exercise plan.
5. Bodybuilders tend to increase their protein intake while dieting. However as proteins too have calories, which can get stored as fat if in excess, make it a point to consume about 1.5 gm. per pound of bodyweight each day.
This is about 200-300 grams for a person weighing 200 pounds which provides sufficient amino acids for maintaining muscle mass while maintaining your total calorie count.
6. Consume about 25-35 grams of fiber a day as fiber helps lower insulin levels and your calorie intake. It absorbs water to take up more space in your stomach so that you feel full longer and faster. Some examples of fiber rich foods are beans, oatmeal and bran cereal. You can get a good idea of the fiber amount in products through its nutrition labels.
7. Whatever you do, it’s better to avoid making drastic calorie reductions in a bid to get lean. It only makes you look flat and depleted. Instead, concentrate on making a gradual reduction in calories of about 200-300 calories a day.
With the help of these 7 tips, you will be able to slowly but surely get that muscular dream body you had always dreamt of!